The Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area does not own or operate any of the sites listed below. They are owned and managed by the organizations listed in the site descriptions. Please call ahead for special accommodation needs or with any questions about their sites.
New York State Museum
Discover New York State’s history from the Ice Age to today. With over 100,000 square feet of exhibition space, the Museum has a variety of exhibitions exploring topics like Native Peoples of New York, the history of New York City and the September 11 attacks. Free public programs are also offered, from educational programs to talks with historians and scientists. Popular exhibitions include the Cohoes Mastodon, Adirondack Hall, the Iroquois Longhouse, and a working historic carousel.
Amenities: Passport Stamp, Family Friendly, Public Transportation, Restrooms
- Mount Lebanon Opening and Picnic23.4 miles
- Water Wars: Who will "rain" supreme?27.1 miles
- Spring Walk with the Alan Devoe Bird Club at Clermont SHS39.7 miles
- History Happening45.3 miles
- Wallkill Valley Land Trust’s 9th Annual Houses on the Land Historic House Tour 58.2 miles
A small fort, which our people call Fort Orange
May 5 to May 5, 2020