The Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area does not own or operate any of the sites listed below. They are owned and managed by the organizations listed in the site descriptions. Please call ahead for special accommodation needs or with any questions about their sites.
Hudson River Museum
The Hudson River Museum is a complex of galleries that present changing art exhibitions; Glenview, a Hudson River home, listed on the National Register of Historic Places; the Planetarium, Westchester County’s only public planetarium; and Hudson Riverama, an environmental gallery.
Glenview, built in 1876, is an example of American Aesthetic design, also known as Arts and Crafts. Restored rooms feature stenciling, carved woodwork, and ceramic tiles as well as furniture designed by Philadelphia cabinetmaker Daniel Pabst, period settings, fine china, paintings, and sculpture.
Amenities: Passport Stamp, Family Friendly, Public Transportation, Restrooms
- Collectors Tour at Manitoga27.6 miles
- Annual Mineral, Gem & Fossil Show31.2 miles
- Open House at Knox's Headquarters35.5 miles
- MOUNT GULIAN TO HOST DINNER AND CONVERSATION WITH MASTER OF MYSTERY, EDGAR ALLAN POE39.6 miles
- Sheep and Wool Showcase at Clermont78.2 miles