The Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area does not own or operate any of the sites listed below. They are owned and managed by the organizations listed in the site descriptions. Please call ahead for special accommodation needs or with any questions about their sites.
FASNY Museum of Firefighting
The FASNY Museum of Firefighting is America’s interactive museum of firefighting. Activities for families include creative play on selected fire engines, hands-on interactive activities, including the popular bucket brigade activity, a virtual fire engine driving activity, the Jr. Firefighter Challenge and the Cabot/McCadam Discovery Room. The Museum also presents monthly programming that is family friendly. With more than 60 pieces of apparatus on exhibit, whether you’re a firefighter, a student of history or a family looking for a fun and educational day trip, you will not want to miss this unique museum.
Amenities: Passport Stamp, Family Friendly, Restrooms
- Historic Downtown Albany Food Tour27.6 miles
- Collar City Craft Fest33.3 miles
- 2019 ONE GIANT TRY IT: An Interactive Open House33.3 miles
- Children’s Tea & Easter Egg Hunt at Mount Gulian Historic Site51.6 miles
- Open House at Knox's Headquarters57 miles