The Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area does not own or operate any of the sites listed below. They are owned and managed by the organizations listed in the site descriptions. Please call ahead for special accommodation needs or with any questions about their sites.
FASNY Museum of Firefighting
The FASNY Museum of Firefighting is America’s interactive museum of firefighting. Activities for families include creative play on selected fire engines, hands-on interactive activities, including the popular bucket brigade activity, a virtual fire engine driving activity, the Jr. Firefighter Challenge and the Cabot/McCadam Discovery Room. The Museum also presents monthly programming that is family friendly. With more than 60 pieces of apparatus on exhibit, whether you’re a firefighter, a student of history or a family looking for a fun and educational day trip, you will not want to miss this unique museum.
Amenities: Passport Stamp, Family Friendly, Restrooms
- Little Sprouts at Clermont13.7 miles
- Arm-of-the-Sea Theater's Esopus Creek Puppet Suite15.3 miles
- Walking the Moral High Ground of Nineteenth Century Albany27.9 miles
- Free Workshop on Use of the Hudson Valley in Literature and Place-Based Learning28.6 miles
- Discover Invasive Species with Winnakee Land Trust33.8 miles