Luykas Van Alen House
2589 ROUTE 9H
- (518) 758-9265
- Columbia County
- Columbia County Tourism Website
- Show on Map
- Send Message
- Follow us on Facebook
- July-October, Saturday and Sunday, noon-4pm. For seasonal hours, please check the website. Adjacent Dutch Colonial Farming Heritage Trail is open daily 7am-dusk.
- Handicap Accessible
- $10.00 and includes both the Van Alen House and adjacent Ichabod Crane Schoolhouse. All-site pass with the Columbia County Historical Society Museum & Library and James Vanderpoel House $15. Free for children ages 0-12, students with ID, and CCHS Members. Dutch Colonial Farming Heritage Trail is free.
Designated a National Historic Landmark in 1967, the Luykas Van Alen House is a restored house museum representing 18th century rural Dutch farm life in the Hudson River Valley.
Also available on the property is the Dutch Colonial Farming Heritage Traillinking the Luykas Van Alen property with the Martin Van Buren National Historic Site, 'Lindenwald.'
Amenities: Passport Stamp, Family Friendly, Restrooms
- FASNY Museum of Firefighting9.2 miles
- Going Dutch!19.5 miles
- 2018 Hands On Halloween24.8 miles
- A Taste of Change: Handwritten Cookbooks and the Stories They Tell Us34.1 miles
- Jack O’Lanterns and Jollity: Hallowe'en Tea & Talk37.7 miles