The Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area does not own or operate any of the sites listed below. They are owned and managed by the organizations listed in the site descriptions. Please call ahead for special accommodation needs or with any questions about their sites.
Luykas Van Alen House
2589 ROUTE 9H
- (518) 758-9265
- Columbia County
- Columbia County Tourism Website
- Show on Map
- Send Message
- Follow us on Facebook
- July-October, Saturday and Sunday, noon-4pm. For seasonal hours, please check the website. Adjacent Dutch Colonial Farming Heritage Trail is open daily 7am-dusk.
- Handicap Accessible
- $10.00 and includes both the Van Alen House and adjacent Ichabod Crane Schoolhouse. All-site pass with the Columbia County Historical Society Museum & Library and James Vanderpoel House $15. Free for children ages 0-12, students with ID, and CCHS Members. Dutch Colonial Farming Heritage Trail is free.
Designated a National Historic Landmark in 1967, the Luykas Van Alen House is a restored house museum representing 18th century rural Dutch farm life in the Hudson River Valley.
Also available on the property is the Dutch Colonial Farming Heritage Traillinking the Luykas Van Alen property with the Martin Van Buren National Historic Site, 'Lindenwald.'
Amenities: Passport Stamp, Family Friendly, Restrooms
- Mr. Twisty's Super Silly Magical Show9.2 miles
- Mount Lebanon Opening and Picnic17 miles
- HV Poetry Bands Microfest42.2 miles
- Open House at Knox's Headquarters66 miles
- Greater Hudson Heritage Network 2019 Annual Conference74.8 miles