The Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area does not own or operate any of the sites listed below. They are owned and managed by the organizations listed in the site descriptions. Please call ahead for special accommodation needs or with any questions about their sites.
Hudson Highlands Nature Museum
The Hudson Highlands Nature Museum consists of two sites. The Wildlife Education Center offers hands-on interactive exhibits as well as an indoor mini-zoo that houses animals native to the Hudson River region. Surrounding the Center are well-marked family friendly trails. At the Outdoor Discovery Center, families can hike a variety of trails. Families can also participate in the weekend nature programs or visit the Grasshopper Grove Play Area for children (recommended for ages 2-7 years old).
Amenities: Family Friendly, Greenway Trail Access, Restrooms
- Open House at Knox's Headquarters2.4 miles
- Quarry by Ivy Baldwin Dance6.5 miles
- Mount Gulian Historic Site7.6 miles
- Greater Hudson Heritage Network 2019 Annual Conference7.9 miles
- Come Meet Smokey Bear and His Forest Friends 59.1 miles