The Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area does not own or operate any of the sites listed below. They are owned and managed by the organizations listed in the site descriptions. Please call ahead for special accommodation needs or with any questions about their sites.
Putnam History Museum
The Putnam History Museum tells the story of the West Point Foundry in a new permanent exhibition. Large-scale photographs and an interactive stereoview display show how the foundry was essential to 19th century industrial and military endeavors in the United States. View John Ferguson Weir’s acclaimed 1866 large-scale painting “The Gun Foundry.” A recently acquired 10-pounder size Parrott gun measures five feet long weighing 900 pounds is on display. Additional rotating exhibitions feature artwork and artifacts related to local history.
Amenities: Passport Stamp, Family Friendly, Public Transportation, Greenway Trail Access
- Open House at Knox's Headquarters5.8 miles
- Greater Hudson Heritage Network 2019 Annual Conference7.5 miles
- HV Poetry Bands Microfest30.2 miles
- Mr. Twisty's Super Silly Magical Show58.6 miles
- Mount Lebanon Opening and Picnic77.5 miles