The Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area does not own or operate any of the sites listed below. They are owned and managed by the organizations listed in the site descriptions. Please call ahead for special accommodation needs or with any questions about their sites.
635 South Broadway
- (914) 631-4481
- Westchester County
- Westchester County Tourism Website
- Show on Map
- Send Message
- Follow us on Facebook
- Activities begin in March and April with regularly scheduled tours May to December, Thursdays through Mondays from 10 am to 4 pm. See website for details and to book online. Mansion closed to public January through March.
- Handicap Accessible
Designed in 1838 by Alexander Jackson Davis, Lyndhurst’s architectural brilliance is complemented by a vast collection of art, antiques, and furniture which have remained largely intact due to the mansion’s primary use as a country residence. In most instances, the furnishings are original to the mansion, and more than fifty pieces were designed by the architect himself. The present arrangement of Lyndhurst’s rooms reflects the lives of each of the three noteworthy families who lived in the mansion, including those of: former New York City mayor William Paulding, merchant George Merritt, and railroad tycoon Jay Gould. The grounds at Lyndhurst survive as an outstanding example of 19th century landscape design, with sprawling lawns and surprise views of the Gothic roofline through towering trees. Lyndhurst invites you to explore the evolution of American identity and taste through a tour of 16 elaborately decorated rooms in the mansion interior. Visitors can also join tours that explore Lyndhurst’s unique spaces like the recently restored bowling alley, majestic landscape, kitchens, laundry room, and observation tower overlooking widest part of the lower Hudson River to Manhattan.
First floor is wheelchair accessible, second floor tours are not.
Amenities: Passport Stamp, Family Friendly, Greenway Trail Access, Public Transportation, Restrooms
- Open House at Knox's Headquarters29.4 miles
- Children’s Tea & Easter Egg Hunt at Mount Gulian Historic Site33.1 miles
- Historic Downtown Albany Food Tour110.7 miles
- Collar City Craft Fest116.3 miles
- 2019 ONE GIANT TRY IT: An Interactive Open House116.3 miles