Teatown Lake Reservation
A 1,000-acre nature preserve and environmental education center in the scenic Hudson Highlands region of the Hudson Valley. The reservation features the 41-acre Teatown Lake, gardens devoted to bees, butterflies, and wildflowers, a working maple sugar house, and a nature center with small animals, birds of prey, and nature-inspired works by local painters and photographers. Fifteen miles of trails allow visitors to explore streams, waterfalls, swamps, forests, and meadows of this diverse and ecologically rich habitat. The nature center offers year-round educational programming on biodiversity, invasive species, sustainability, landscape stewardship, and many other environmental issues. Teatown staff collaborate with students, scientists, and volunteers to perform ecological studies and surveys vital to Hudson Valley conservation.
Amenities: Family Friendly, Restrooms
- Wassail, Wassail, all over Town at Knox's Headquarters20.3 miles
- Knox's Headquarters Opens for the Season20.3 miles
- Christmas with the Ellisons at Knox's Headquarters20.3 miles
- It was dark back then at Knox's Headquarters 20.3 miles
- In the Good Old Summertime20.3 miles