Hudson Valley Center for Contemporary Art
Both emerging and renowned international contemporary art is exhibited in a 12,000 square foot former home improvement warehouse in Peekskill. Founded by the Marc and Livia Straus family, the Center is dedicated to the development and presentation of exhibitions and interdisciplinary programs that enrich our understanding of contemporary art, its contexts, and its relationship to social issues. HVCCA is the primary sponsor of the Peekskill Project, an annual, city-wide exhibition of site-specific artwork. As cited in a June 2014 City of Peekskill Proclamation, HVCCA is also committed to the enrichment of Peekskill, a multicultural community that is now a major arts destination evidenced by visitors from the global arts community. Additionally, HVCCA has installed a number of sculptural artworks throughout the downtown business district and the Peekskill riverfront, which can be found on the following map.
Amenities: Public Transportation, Restrooms
- First Day Family Fun at John Jay Homestead13.1 miles
- Wassail, Wassail, all over Town at Knox's Headquarters13.3 miles
- Open House at Knox's Headquarters13.3 miles
- “It’s the Most Dangerous Time of the Year” Wassailing at Knox’s Headquarters13.4 miles
- A Cure for Cabin Fever at Washington's Headquarters14.7 miles