3 Beekman Street
- (845) 440-0100
- Dutchess County
- Dutchess County Tourism Website
- Show on Map
- Send Message
- Follow us on Facebook
- January-March: Friday-Monday (11am-4pm) April-October: Thursday-Monday (11am-6pm) November-December: Thursday-Monday (11am-4pm) Closed on major holidays.
- Handicap Accessible
Dia:Beacon is a museum of contemporary art with more exhibition space than Manhattan’s Guggenheim, Whitney Museum, and MoMA combined. The 16-foot-high ceilings, sawtooth skylights, and interior spaces in the former Nabisco box-printing plant make it an appropriate setting for the Dia Foundation’s permanent collection of art from the 1960s and ‘70s. Each of the artists represented have individual galleries fashioned specifically for their creations. Taken together, their works represent nearly all of the important late 20th century art movements—abstract expressionism, minimalism, conceptual and pop art. Highlights include works by Andy Warhol, Dan Flavin, and Richard Serra.
Amenities: Public Transportation, Restrooms
- Children’s Holiday Tea at Mount Gulian Historic Site1.6 miles
- Mount Gulian Historic Site Celebrates the Holiday Season with Festive Candlelight Tours 1.6 miles
- A Cure for Cabin Fever at Washington's Headquarters1.6 miles
- “It’s the Most Dangerous Time of the Year” Wassailing at Knox’s Headquarters4.7 miles
- Wassail, Wassail, all over Town at Knox's Headquarters4.7 miles