3 Beekman Street
- (845) 440-0100
- Dutchess County
- Dutchess County Tourism Website
- Show on Map
- Send Message
- Follow us on Facebook
- January-March: Friday-Monday (11am-4pm) April-October: Thursday-Monday (11am-6pm) November-December: Thursday-Monday (11am-4pm) Closed on major holidays.
- Handicap Accessible
Dia:Beacon is a museum of contemporary art with more exhibition space than Manhattan’s Guggenheim, Whitney Museum, and MoMA combined. The 16-foot-high ceilings, sawtooth skylights, and interior spaces in the former Nabisco box-printing plant make it an appropriate setting for the Dia Foundation’s permanent collection of art from the 1960s and ‘70s. Each of the artists represented have individual galleries fashioned specifically for their creations. Taken together, their works represent nearly all of the important late 20th century art movements—abstract expressionism, minimalism, conceptual and pop art. Highlights include works by Andy Warhol, Dan Flavin, and Richard Serra.
Amenities: Public Transportation, Restrooms
- Mount Gulian to Host Dinner and Conversation with Humorist Mark Twain1.6 miles
- Children’s Spring Tea & Easter Egg Hunt 1.6 miles
- Children's Day at the New Windsor Cantonment4.5 miles
- 18th Century Graveside Ceremony at the New Windsor Cantonment4.5 miles
- New Windsor Cantonment Opens for the Season4.5 miles