Seven Lakes Pkwy, Appalachian Trail
Bear Mountain, NY
- Orange County
- Orange County Tourism Website
- Show on Map
- Follow us on Facebook
- Park: Daily 8am-Dusk Scenic drive to the summit is open Apr 1-Nov 30, weather permitting Trailside Museum & Zoo: Daily 10:00am–4:30pm, Closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Handicap Accessible
Bear Mountain State Park offers many opportunities for enjoying the outdoors. Activities include hiking the Hudson Highlands, swimming, boating and fishing on Hessian Lake, ice skating, picnicking in shaded pavilions, and cross-country skiing. A merry-go-round is decorated with hand-carved animals that represent creatures native to the Hudson River Valley, while the park’s Trailside Museum includes a zoo featuring live animals common to the region. Additional exhibits are devoted to natural history, Native American heritage, and the region’s role in the Revolutionary War. A scenic drive leads to the summit of Bear Mountain and the Perkins Memorial Tower, which yields fine views of the Hudson River and surrounding peaks.
The Bear Mountain Inn, built in 1915, features two restaurants: Restaurant 1915 and Hiker's Cafe.
Amenities: Passport Stamp, Family Friendly, Restrooms
- Wassail, Wassail, all over Town at Knox's Headquarters9.9 miles
- Open House at Knox's Headquarters9.9 miles
- “It’s the Most Dangerous Time of the Year” Wassailing at Knox’s Headquarters10 miles
- A Cure for Cabin Fever at Washington's Headquarters12.1 miles
- First Day Family Fun at John Jay Homestead17.7 miles