Albany Pine Bush
195 New Karner Road
- Albany County
- Albany County Tourism Website
- Show on Map
- Send Message
- Follow us on Facebook
- Grounds year-round, 24/7. Discovery Center open daily on weekdays 9am-4pm, weekends and most holidays 10am-4pm. Gift shop is open during Discovery Center hours.
- Admission to the Preserve and Discovery Center is free (there is a small fee for programs)
Discover the Albany Pine Bush!
The 3,300 acre Albany Pine Bush Preserve is open year-round 7 days a week and twenty four hours a day. The Albany Pine Bush Discovery Center located at 195 New Karner Road in Albany, NY is also open year-round and daily weekdays 9am-4pm, weekends and most holidays 10am-4pm. The Discovery Center is a fully accessible facility. Gift shop is open during Discovery Center hours.
• A globally rare ecosystem located in the heart of the Capital District.
• 3,300 acre nature preserve with more than 20 miles of trails.
• Staff and volunteers conduct on-the-ground natural resource protection and management, scientific research and environmental education.
• Chosen as a National Natural Landmark for its extraordinary sand dunes, the Preserve is also a Hudson River Valley National Heritage Site, New York State Unique Area, Bird Conservation Area and a National Audubon Society Important Bird Area.
• A fire-dependent habitat that provides a home for more than 1,500 plant and animal species, including the federally endangered Karner blue butterfly.
The Discovery Center
• As the gateway to the Pine Bush, the Discovery Center introduces you to everything that makes the Preserve rare, significant & distinct.
• A one-of-a-kind interpretive center with interactive exhibits and a fully accessible outdoor Discovery Trail featuring local artwork, green technology and demonstration gardens.
• Indoor and outdoor classrooms where learning comes alive for schools and special interest groups.
• Our expert educators, scientists and stewards offer a variety of natural, historical and cultural programs.
Amenities: Passport Stamp, Family Friendly, Public Transportation (on Saturdays), Restrooms