James Vanderpoel 'House of History'
16 Broad Street, Route 9
- (518) 758-9265
- Columbia County
- Columbia County Tourism Website
- Show on Map
- Send Message
- Follow us on Facebook
- Saturday and Sunday, noon-4pm. For seasonal hours, please check the website.
- $7.50 and includes the Columbia County Historical Society Museum & Library (5 Albany Avenue). All-site pass with the Luykas Van Alen House and Ichabod Crane Schoolhouse $15. Free for children ages 0-12, students with ID, and CCHS Members.
Built during the Federal era as the home of prominent lawyer and politician, James Vanderpoel and his family, the property is now an exhibit space featuring galleries of paintings and decorative arts from the Columbia County Historical Society permanent collection. The Columbia County Historical Society Bookstore & Museum Shop is located within the house.
Amenities: Family Friendly
- KinderhookWalks - Walk 4 - Dutch Dreams and Realities0.2 miles
- Tavern Night6 miles
- Meet Smokey Bear and His Forest Friends10.3 miles
- 41st Annual Conference of the New Netherland Institute17.8 miles
- Going Dutch!18.1 miles