Putnam History Museum
The Putnam History Museum tells the story of the West Point Foundry in a new permanent exhibition. Large-scale photographs and an interactive stereoview display show how the foundry was essential to 19th century industrial and military endeavors in the United States. View John Ferguson Weir’s acclaimed 1866 large-scale painting “The Gun Foundry.” A recently acquired 10-pounder size Parrott gun measures five feet long weighing 900 pounds is on display. Additional rotating exhibitions feature artwork and artifacts related to local history.
Amenities: Passport Stamp, Family Friendly, Public Transportation, Greenway Trail Access
- Wassail, Wassail, all over Town at Knox's Headquarters5.6 miles
- Open House at Knox's Headquarters5.6 miles
- “It’s the Most Dangerous Time of the Year” Wassailing at Knox’s Headquarters5.8 miles
- A Cure for Cabin Fever at Washington's Headquarters6 miles
- First Day Family Fun at John Jay Homestead19 miles