Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture
The mission of the Stone Barns Center is to create a healthy and sustainable food system that benefits us all. Through food system change, Stone Barns aims to make a difference in many of the problems that plague the planet and society today: soil degradation, water pollution and overuse, an obesity epidemic and poor nutrition, and climate change. Stone Barns Center believes that good food, grown well, can change the world. As an 80-acre working farm in the Hudson River Valley, just 25 miles north of Manhattan, Stone Barns is a center of vegetable, livestock and soil-building experimentation and demonstration. Most of the farm’s produce and meat is sold to Blue Hill at Stone Barns, the award-winning onsite partner restaurant and café, and through the Farm Market. The rest is used in education programs, as children and other visitors cook with and taste what’s grown here.
Amenities: Passport Stamp, Family Friendly, Restrooms
- Wassail, Wassail, all over Town at Knox's Headquarters26.7 miles
- Knox's Headquarters Opens for the Season26.7 miles
- Christmas with the Ellisons at Knox's Headquarters26.7 miles
- It was dark back then at Knox's Headquarters 26.7 miles
- In the Good Old Summertime26.7 miles