Hudson River Maritime Museum
Located along the picturesque Rondout waterfront in historic downtown Kingston, the Hudson Maritime Museum is dedicated to preserving the maritime history of the Hudson River, its tributaries, communities and industries, with a focus on the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Collected artifacts include paintings, prints, photographs, ship models, memorabilia, ephemera, ice yachts, and a 100+ year old shad fishing boat. Visitors can view exhibits on the steamboat Mary Powell, ferries, Hudson River Day Line, tugboats, ice boats, river industries and ecology, and lighthouses. Annual themed exhibits include “Hudson’s Journey,” a re-creation of the Half Moon’s aft cabin. The 1898 steam tug Mathilda provides an outdoor steam power exhibit; the Steamboat Play Area encourages children to role-play.
Amenities: Passport Stamp, Family Friendly, Restrooms
- School Break Kids Craft Workshop: Make A Mouse House at Staatsburgh5.4 miles
- Winter 2018 Gilded Age Tea & Talk Series at Staatsburg5.4 miles
- Candlelight Tours of Clermont12.2 miles
- Children’s Holiday Tea at Mount Gulian Historic Site27.3 miles
- A Cure for Cabin Fever at Washington's Headquarters29.6 miles