The Glebe House offers a glimpse into the lifestyle of a middle-class Colonial family. The simple brick home was constructed circa 1767 for the Rev. John Beardsley, who ministered to Episcopal congregations in Poughkeepsie and Fishkill. At the outset of the Revolutionary War, Beardsley remained loyal to Great Britain and fled to Canada; during the war, the house quartered Continental Army officers. Later, it went through a succession of owners until being purchased and restored by the Dutchess County Historical Society in 1929. Much of its original woodwork intact,
the house is filled with furnishings from the 18th and early 19th centuries.
Amenities: Passport Stamp, Public Transportation, Restrooms
- Clinton House0.3 miles
- Locust Grove Estate2 miles
- Walkway Over The Hudson State Historic Park2.4 miles
- Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library and Museum5 miles
- Home of Franklin D. Roosevelt National Historic Site5.1 miles